10 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR HAIR FOR FALL!by Various Sources on 10/02/16
1. ADD SOME EDGE TO YOUR PONY – Amy up your everyday ponytail by teasing hair at the crown and keep the sides slicked tight. Even if you have fine hair, the secret weapon to teasing is a Teasing Brush, not a comb.
2. GO GLITTER – For this look, coat part with gel and mix with glitter. Paint onto the part.
3. BRAID IN SOME COLOR – Add a bright twist, by finding two pieces of ribbon the length of your hair, then divide hair in half. Separate each pigtail into three equal parts, knot ribbon around the top of one of the sections, weave it in as you braid, and secure the braid over the top of your with pins. Repeat on the other side.
4. TRY ROCKER-CHIC HAIR – Punky streaks are everywhere these days. Pick up pre-colored extensions and clip in for fun. When you see these vibrant fashion colors in the magazines and on the runway, they are EXTENSIONS, they are not bleached hair with vibrant colors. When this technique is done, it dries the hair and color fades within days.
5. TRY A TINY FISHTAIL – From the red carpet to the runway, sweet baby braids were everywhere. Add one into your ponytail; or hanging down in front, seventies-style; or loose and back to one side. For windswept wavers, scrunch in a light mousse with your fingers while you blow-dry.
6. MAKE A SWEET ROLL – Any pretty chignon will do, so try a side part, pull the top half of your back into a low pony and secure. Gently tug the elastic down to loosen, and poke your fingers in above it to create a hole. Now gather all your hair (the half pony and what’s loose), and tuck everything through the hole. Pin and hairspray.
7. PULL IT ALL UP – Mist roots with texturizer and tease the top into a high bump, make a half pony and secure with pins to push it all up.
8. MERMAID WAVES – Use a triple-barrel curling iron, start at your roots and clamp your way down to your ends. Now pull the top back tight.
9. RECYCLE YOUR RIPPED TIGHTS – Take a pair of scissors, cut the legs into thin, horizontal strips and wrap one around your ponytail holder. This is so much chicer than a scrunchy.
10. EXTRA BOUNCE – Apply volumizer to damp hair and blow-dry, one small section at a time. While each piece is still warm, wind it up and clip. Or try large Velcro rollers, let cool and unwind and go!