Best Hair Secrets Revealed – Bangs, Coloring & Haircutsby Various Sources on 08/28/16
· For long lasting bangs, Don’t touch them! When women consistently touch and style their bangs during the day, they accelerate the process of oil buildup. Additionally, your fingers have residue/oil/dirt on them. Never use the fingers to touch or style the bangs. If you do, wash them first!
· If you need a quick refresher but don’t have time for a full wash, blow dry and style, just wash your bangs or the face-framing layers around your face before heading out the door.
· If you color or heat style hair regularly, then you know the hair encompasses variations of dryness and texture. Everyone wants flawless hair, but you must fix your porosity first to give tresses this healthy appearance.
· To save money and time, opt for subtle highlights. That means few highlights and in a color only slightly different from your base color. This will make your color last longer because this will not show re-growth.
· You want a tone of highlights from the flex of your eyes, which will help bring them out no matter what clothes or makeup you’re wearing.
· It may be tempting, but don’t ever cut your bangs yourself. If you need just a quick trim, I do them free for my clients or make an appointment at the salon explaining that you just want your bangs trimmed. They’ll pencil you in for a short appointment and won’t charge you the full price. I also teach my clients how to cut their own bangs, because WE ALL DO IT!
· Not ready for a big haircut, but notice you have a lot of breakage, wispy ends or just need a quick trim? Opt for the newest trend in haircutting: dusting! If you aren’t a fan of big bi-monthly snips, ask your stylist for a dusting. It is a light sweep of trimming the ends and will carry you through for at least 2 to 4 weeks between styling. However, it costs the same as a big haircut, it’s just an 1/8” versus ½”+. A dry dusting is less expensive but you must come with clean, dry, product free hair. I charge ½ so $25.
· For those of you that aren’t interested in embracing your natural curl, consider a keratin smoothing service to reduce curl and frizz. You will still have the option to wear your hair curly and it will dissipate over time alleviating the un-natural looking grows out time associated with chemical straightening services. Check out http://www.andreashair4u.com/GKSmoothing.html.